The festive season is upon us, so it’s time to share the Christmas cheer with those groups or individuals who really deserve it. This year the Co-op is encouraging everyone to take part in their #DoorstepChallenge. The idea behind the challenge is to spread a little Christmas cheer.
Who deserves a doorstep treat this Christmas? It could be a neighbour who always takes in your parcels, pops your bin out when you have forgotten or never parks in your parking space. Maybe a local family that could do with a stocking of festive treats to get them through the season. Or even a local organisation or group that has either helped you or are helping others at Christmas or throughout the festive season.
Let’s come together and celebrate Christmas in our community
How to take part in the #DoorstepChallenge
We were fortunate to be sent one of the Co-op #DoorstepChallenge kits, containing a Christmas stocking bag, £5.00 Co-op gift card and a musical Christmas card. However, the challenge can be completed by anyone.
- Decide who you will be leaving a doorstep festive treat for – this will help you tailor the items that you purchase/add to your bag
- Visit your local Co-op and purchasing items – please don’t include alcohol, cigarettes, scratch cards, lottery tickets, baby milk or anything with nuts (in case of allergy).
- Fill the Christmas stocking bag with the products you have purchased. You could also use a Christmas stocking, gift bag or reusable bag to fill.
- Write out a Christmas card to place within the bag. Whether you opt for a simple Happy Christmas greeting or add a more personal note – it’s up to you.
- Delivery your festive treat bag. Why not wear your festive jumper for the occasion, get the children to come along with you and sing a carol or two. Or if you are feeling shy place on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and retreat to a safe distance to ensure that they have received your treats.
- Why not share your Christmas cheer via social media using the #DoorstepChallenge hashtag.
Who will you choose for a #DoorstepChallenge festive treat?