AD | Partnership
The Hippodrome Halloween Spooktacular is perfect for all the family and undoubtedly the best way to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year.
Get set to watch Jack and Johnny in an unforgettable spooky atmosphere! The show itself will see Jack Jay and his comedy partner Johnny Mac alongside a host of world class circus performers on a perilous journey into a brand new adventure. A truly amazing and hilarious show full of all manner of Ghosts, Ghouls and crazy goings on!
What do you need to know about the Hippodrome Halloween Spooktacular?
It’s time to make a new Halloween tradition by making the most of the October half term holidays and the spooky week of Halloween by visiting the Great Yarmouth Hippodrome Circus. Get ready for the Hippodrome Halloween Spooktacular, a fun spooky show full of special effects, an immersive spooky backdrop, and the comedy duo Jack Jay and Johnny Mac.
Located in Britain’s only surviving total circus building, built in 1903 by the legendary circus showman George Gilbert, the Hippodrome Circus is one of the key must-visit places in Great Yarmouth. The attraction is found just behind the Marine Parade Golden Mile that is better known as the Great Yarmouth seafront, behind the aptly named Circus Circus arcade.
There is ample pay and display on-street parking and car parks are available throughout the seafront, with some free on-street parking, however, be sure to check the local parking restrictions in case you are in a permit parking area (active 8.00am-6.00pm).
ADDRESS: St Georges Road, Great Yarmouth NR30 2EU
TEL NO.: 01493 844172
The Hippodrome Halloween Spooktacular is available from 20th – 31st October 2023 for the October half-term.
Tickets need to be booked in advance either by calling the box office on the number above or book online for the Hippodrome Circus, with a range of seating options available around the old Hippodrome building.
A selection of bars and refreshment stands are available within the iconic Hippodrome building both before the show starts and again during the interval. With candy floss, popcorn and ice cream available ringside as well as light-up toys and accessories that the children will love!
Hippodrome Halloween Spooktacular Show
Get ready for a Halloween family show highlighting a hilarious spooky journey as comedy duo Jack Jay and Johnny Mac look to set up a Halloween Hotel and throw an amazing Halloween party. The iconic Hippodrome building has been transformed with a specially created Halloween museum set with Count Dracula’s Mansion, a Dutch shoemaker’s gravestone and the best Halloween costumes. Join in on the action by dressing up in your best party outfits or fancy dress for a fantastic fun way to immerse yourself in the Halloween fun!
A Hilarious Spooky Journey
- Purchasing Count Dracula’s Mansion – Jack Jay has had a spooky real estate purchase by buying Count Dracula’s Mansion and has grand plans to turn it into a Halloween Hotel. However, while explaining his idea to Johnny Mac he inadvertently circles Dracula’s grave three times bringing Dracula back to life for just one night.
- Dracula’s Acts From The Underworld – Attending the Hippodrome Circus wouldn’t be the same with the host of world class circus performers and Count Dracula brings them to life with a range of edge of your seat circus acts and breathtaking stunts. Complete with special effects and fantastic music surrounded by the haunted museum set it will have you in awe at the different performers.
- 12 Days of Halloween – Get ready for a spooky twist to the traditional 12 Days of Christmas song. Join the comedy duo Jack Jay, Johnny Mac and Count Dracula as they bring back the 12 days of Halloween that was loved so much last year and has Jack getting his steps in as the five toilet rolls gains audience participation.
- Hilarious Spooky Journey – Interwoven between the breathtaking stunts and circus acts, Johnny Mac and Jack Jay prove comedy relief that will have you laughing at their antics, side jokes and whether Johnny Mac is able to say Pheasant Pluckers without slipping up!
Acts and Performers
- Comedy Duo Jack Jay and Johnny Mac – Jack Jay is the co-producer and director of the show alongside Johnny Mac. Jack grew up in the circus alongside family and first appeared as the host of the show (Great Yarmouth’s very own Greatest Showman) over 11 years ago. Partnering with Johnny Mac the comedy duo bring smiles to everyone who comes to see the show.
- Estelle Dancers – The show dancers come from the on-site Estelle Dance School, formed back in 2003 it has been training and developing the talented dancers who take part in the shows as well as those who head off to pastures new.
- World Class Performers – Christine Jay is the woman behind finding the amazing, outstanding and awe-making talented performers that showcase their circus acts throughout the show. Marvelling at them perform within the immersive spooky backdrop as they throw knives and axes, perform with LED hula hoops, swirl fire around them and complete acrobatics.
Other shows available at the Hippodrome Circus, Great Yarmouth throughout the year
- Pirates Live – The Hippodrome Circus Easter Show. Join Jack Jay and Johnny Mac in a brand new swashbuckling pirate water show featuring an amazing cast of actors, acrobats and aerialists. Set on a huge galleon in the Hippodrome Circus arena.
- Circus & Water Summer Spectacular – The amazing Summer circus show is available throughout the summer until mid-September. Hosted by long-term favourite and producer Jack Jay he guides the audience through the circus and water spectacular. Partnered with Scottish comedian Johnny Mac who has the audience laughing as soon as he enters the ring. A firm family favourite who engages everyone to get involved and laugh at the antics and jokes.
- Christmas Spectacular Circus & Water Show – The Great Yarmouth Hippodrome Christmas Show. The Spirit of Christmas meets the magic of circus in one of Europe’s biggest Christmas Spectaculars. A truly unforgettable treat for the whole family. Plus a special New Year’s Eve Gala show at 8pm with party bags and early New Year celebrations for all the family.