Have you ever thought about who you’d love to play you if there were a film of your life? What about those around you? Who would you select to play the key figures in your life? It’s a question I can never answer the same way as I’ll have a current favourite film that clouds my judgment on the subject.
When it comes to selecting an actor for Mr. Boo this comes quite easily for me as to me he needs someone who is multi-talented. Someone who isn’t likely to give up in the face of adversity and powers on through when the chips are down. You see to me he is always the hero in my filmstrip. To our children, he is out of this world and would be the first person they called upon in times of need.
For Dads Out of this World
So if you have a Dad or Grandad that is out of this world, may I suggest one of the films below to remind them just how epic they are…
- The Martian – During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney (Matt Damon) is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit, and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Millions of miles away, NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring “the Martian” home, while his crewmates concurrently plot a daring, if not impossible rescue mission.
- Independence Day – The spectacular 1996 blockbuster stars Will Smith in the early part of his movie career and, of course, tells the tale of invaders from other worlds bringing mighty ships to the Earth. And particularly in the first half, Independence Day wrings so much tension and style from their arrival that few films have equalled it since. The sheer spectacle of set pieces such as the blowing up of the White House, or the massive battle in the skies
- Alien – In the first chapter of the terrifying Alien saga, the crew of the spaceship Nostromo answers a distress signal from a desolate planet, only to discover a deadly life form that breeds within human hosts. Now the crew members must fight not only for their own survival but for the survival of all mankind.
- Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition – Major Alan ‘Dutch’ Schaefer (Schwarzenegger) and a band of mercenaries head into the Central American Val Verde jungle to rescue some American hostages from a band of guerrilla fighters. However, they soon discover there is also an extraterrestrial evil force at work in the jungle. The mercenaries are picked off one by one and soon Schaefer is forced to face the alien predator alone.
- Prometheus – After finding fragments of Alien DNA, a team of scientists known as The Company travels into space aboard the state-of-the-art Prometheus spacecraft to investigate the origins of human life on Earth. Their journey takes them into the darkest corners of the universe – but, to their horror, their very inquisitiveness ends up posing a threat to the future existence of humankind. The scientists now find themselves tested to their mental and physical limits as they fight a desperate battle to preserve the future of the human race.