This post contains affiliate links
Christmas in a jar makes for an easy gift to exchange with friends and family. As the name suggests this potpourri smells exactly as Christmas should. Spicy, sweet and so inviting!
With easy to find ingredients and printable instructions, this makes for a thoughtful gift from the heart that will tickle the nose of anyone lucky enough to receive it! It smells so much nicer than aerosol sprays and is made with all-natural ingredients for a safe way to freshen the air.
How to make Christmas in a jar
With ingredients like cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and fresh fruits, you know this will smell wonderful as it simmers, but it also looks lovely to display. Should you be setting up at a craft fete, this Christmas in a jar is going to catch eyes and noses as they pass your display!
Christmas in a jar makes for a great neighbour or teacher gift too. The fragrance is warm and inviting and can help to melt the stresses of the holiday away. It is budget-friendly and easy to assemble. Make a few extra jars to keep on hand for unexpected holiday visitors or for an additional gift to give as needed.
- Clear plastic or glass wide mouth jar
- 1 Large orange or 3-4 mini ones
- 4-5 Cinnamon sticks
- ½ c. Cranberries
- 1 tbsp Whole cloves
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Small plastic Ziploc bags
- Printable gift tag
- Printable instructions tag
- Ribbon or twine
- Hole punch
- Place 1 large or 3-4 tiny oranges in the bottom of a wide-mouthed jar.
- Layer ½ cup of cranberries on top of the orange/s.
- Place 4-5 cinnamon sticks on top of the cranberries in the jar.
- Put 1 tbsp of cloves into a tiny Ziploc bag, and 1 tsp of nutmeg into another. Place both of the filled Ziploc bags on top of the items in the jar.
- Close the lid of the jar.
- Cut out the printable tag and the printable instructions.
- Punch a hole in one corner of both of the tags.
- Run a ribbon or twine through the tags, and tie them around the top of the jar.
- To prepare, follow the directions labelled on the printable tag, and enjoy the smell of Christmas in the air!
Find more holiday inspiration by following me on Pinterest
Find more Christmas ideas here
Reader favourites include:
12 Grinch Crafts for Christmas
12 Fun Grinch Crafts for Kids