We often call either call them laugh lines or we say that our happiness has been etched on our faces, but this is just a nice way of saying that we have wrinkles. Most of us would prefer to age gracefully, with a minimum of wrinkles and a maximum of happiness. The good news is that there are things you can do to help keep your face wrinkle free. Here are several ideas for you to try to help you age slowly and gracefully.
Wear Sunscreen Every Day
- Sun exposure contributes greatly to wrinkle development. Be certain that, when choosing a sunscreen, you select one that is broad spectrum. Contrary to a sunscreen that is not broad spectrum, a broad spectrum sunscreen blocks both UVB and UVA rays. UVA rays penetrate deep down into the skin. They are the rays that cause the most wrinkles. UVB rays, on the other hand, can cause skin cancer. Be sure you block both types of rays.
- Smoking wreaks havoc on your skin. It dries out your skin, leaving your skin feeling dull and oftentimes itchy. If you’re serious about preventing wrinkles, you’ll consider cutting back, if not quitting altogether.
Drink More Water
- Staying hydrated is an excellent way to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Help give your skin the moisture it needs to stay supple and soft by getting a full eight glasses of water per day.
Try a Topical Application or Mask
- While drinking water is an important way to stay hydrated from within, topical applications of oils, moisturisers, peptides, and masks can also work wonders at hydrating your skin and helping prevent wrinkles. One such peptide is Argireline®. A topical application that is as effective as an injection, you can read more about this ingredient here.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- When we don’t get enough sleep, our bodies become more tired and stressed. When we are stressed, our bodies make more of the stress hormone known as cortisol. Cortisol greatly reduces tissue maintenance, slows growth and contributes to dry skin. Get enough sleep and your body will be more effective at rejuvenating your skin from within.
Enjoy a Wide Range of Antioxidant-Rich Foods
- Antioxidants work wonders for your skin. The good news is that antioxidants are found in a wide range of healthy foods. If you’re not the healthiest eater, don’t despair. Sprinkle a handful of berries on your breakfast cereal or indulge in a square of dark chocolate instead of your usual milk chocolate. Keep your kitchen stocked with fruits and veggies, so you have more healthy options on hand.
Follow these suggestions, and you should notice a difference in your skin’s health before too long. Your skin will feel moist instead of dry and flaky, and where your skin was once dull, it will be bright and luminous. These suggestions will help you look and feel your best. Try several of them today, and put your best face forward.