The weather of late has been a little chilly to say the least, don’t get me wrong I realise that it is still milder than when the snow finally makes an appearance but to me it is still rather nippy. So when it came time to complete the Great Yarmouth leg of the Team Honk Relay I received a message from Hex Mum reminding me to pop my thermals on as it was going to be very cold. Thankfully for me Heat Holders had recently contacted me to see if I’d like to review a couple of their products, opting for thermal leggings and ladies wellington boot socks.
Heat Holders Thermal Leggings
- Advanced insulating yarn – high performance insulation against cold
- Great stretch – Stretches, hugs and flatters your figure
- Soft brushed inner – Maximises the amount of warm air held close to the skin
- Comfort gusset – Improves fit and adds comfort for all-day wear
- 140 denier thermal leggings – Providing 0.52 tog rating
- Available in five sizes – Extra small, small, medium, large and extra large
Slipping on the thermal leggings I have to say I was surprised just how stretchy they were and soft the felt against my legs. Having ‘larger’ thighs and calves I am always weary of leggings as they are usually too tight or I buy a bigger size and then I end up with wrinkles around my knees where they have sagged. The stretch within the leggings really does hug your legs and belly and gives great support. I never once had to pull them up or suffered from wrinkling knees and considering I has scooted through Great Yarmouth I think you can see just how great the hold up.
The warmth, oh the warmth… what can I say, it was amazing. It was so lovely to be able to have lovely warm legs throughout the day, so toasty warm.
Heat Holders Ladies Wellington Boot Socks
- Advanced insulating yarn – Specially developed advanced fibres provide high performance insulation against cold with superior moisture wicking abilities
- Long looped thermal pile – Innovative knitting technology produces our unique, extra long looped cushion pile to hold in more warm air, increasing the thermal tog rating!
- Soft brushed inner – An intense brushing process maximises the amount of warm air held inside the sock for all-day warmth and comfort
- 2.34 tog rating – Over seven times warmer than a basic cotton sock!
- Available in four different colours – Velvet, amethyst, mulberry and ruby
Last year I finally managed to find a pair of wellies that would accommodate my ‘larger’ calves. The thing about wellies is that you compromise the warmth of your favourite trainers or boots for dryness… Not anymore, with the addition of Heat Holders wellington boot socks they add that much needed warmth so you can enjoy walking the dog, taking a walk along the waters edge or jumping in muddy puddles.
So with my Heat Holders thermal leggings and wellington boot socks on underneath my fabulous Tiger costume I can tell you I was toasty warm!Disclosure: I received Heat Holders Thermal Leggings and Wellington Boot Socks FOC for the purpose of review.