This ham, egg and cheese brunch bake is perfect for serving a hungry crowd on the weekend. Loaded with smoky ham and gooey cheese, this recipe is satisfying filling and incredibly easy to prepare.
How to make a Ham, Egg, and Cheese Brunch Bake
Ham, egg and cheese brunch bake is loaded with all my breakfast favourites in one dish. I love one-dish meals like this. They are easy to prepare and require so little clean up. After brunch, the last thing I want to do is clean up a messy kitchen, so this is a regular in my rotations for weekends.
This dish combines sauteed onions, fluffy eggs, hashbrowns, smoky ham, and loads of cheese to create a dish the entire family will enjoy. I used sour cream in my brunch bake for creamy results. You could also use heavy cream in this dish for impressive results. No one would ever suspect this dish was prepared in a matter of moments!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 20-ounce package of hash browns
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, combine ham and onions. Cook over medium heat until onions soften.
- Add hash browns to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes or until hash browns are slightly browned.
- Combine the ham mixture and egg mixture in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9”x13” pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and bake for an additional 25 minutes.