This ham, egg and cheese brunch bake is perfect for serving a hungry crowd on the weekend. Loaded with smoky ham and gooey cheese, this recipe is satisfying filling and incredibly easy to prepare.
How to make a Ham, Egg, and Cheese Brunch Bake
Ham, egg and cheese brunch bake is loaded with all of my breakfast favourites in one dish. I love that one dish meals like this. They are easy to prepare and require so little clean up. After brunch the last thing I want to do is clean up a messy kitchen, so this is a regular in my rotations for weekends.
This dish combines sauteed onions, fluffy eggs and hashbrowns with smoky ham and loads of cheese to create a dish the entire family will enjoy. I used sour cream in my brunch bake for creamy results. You could also use a heavy cream in this dish for impressive results. No one would ever suspect this dish was prepared in a matter of moments!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 20 ounce package hash browns
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, combine ham and onions. Cook over medium heat until onions soften.
- Add hash browns to skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes or until hash browns are slightly browned.
- Combine ham mixture and eggs mixture in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9”x13” pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover pan and bake for an additional 25 minutes.