I’m someone who loves Christmas, from the decorations, present buying to planning the Christmas menu. There are some foods that we tend to only enjoy at Christmas and I’m never really sure why this is. Is it because we want to keep them special for that time of the year or is it because we don’t know how to incorporate them into a summer menu.
Over the Christmas period we love garlic and rosemary roast potatoes however when the sun is shining I don’t fancy a roast dinner. With picnics and barbecues on the cards I’ve adapted my traditional Christmas recipe to give it a summer twist…
Garlic and rosemary potato salad
- 1kg new potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or low-calorie cooking spray
- 200g of mayonnaise
- Cut the new potatoes into cubes (approx 1″)
- Crush the garlic cloves and slice up the rosemary sprigs
- Place the diced potatoes, garlic and rosemary on to a baking tray and cover with either the olive oil or low-calorie cooking spray (depending on preference) – mix together to ensure that the potatoes are covered in garlic and rosemary
- Cook in the oven (180C/Gas Mark 4) for around 45 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Mix together the potatoes and the mayonnaise and serve immediately or chill for later
Do you have a Christmas recipe that you could give a summer twist?
Why not check out some more Christmas in August recipes, giveaways and gift ideas at Stocking Fillers.
Disclosure: This is my entry into Christmas recipe with a summer twist competition from Stocking Fillers where you can find everything you need to fill your Christmas stockings