I’m one of these really annoying Plain Jane’s when it comes to my food, honestly I am terrible I can’t eat anything with pepper or spice without it burning the inside of my mouth. Over time Mr Boo has come to accept my food ‘quirks’ so rarely asks for me to take a bite of something new he is trying as he knows that it is really not my cup of tea.
The Boo Roo and Tigger Too household was recently sent an Old El Paso hamper full of goodies, which as first glance I knew that Mr Boo would be very happy as he loves their fajitas. Whilst I knew that he would be happy I did feel a tinge of sadness that we wouldn’t be able to enjoy the hamper as a family, that was until I saw their new Extra Mild, Super Tasty, One Pan Rice Meal for chicken.
- 1 x Old El Paso Extra Mild Super Tasty One Pan Rice Meal kit
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 x green pepper (optional)
- 1 x onion
- 1 can of Green Giant Sweet corn 198g (optional)
- 2 tbsp of oil or FryLight Spray
- 350ml water
- Slice the chicken breasts, pepper and onion into medium sized chunks
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan (I prefer to use FryLight spray) and stir fry the chicken over a high heat until browned
- Add the vegetable chucks and sweetcorn, stir well and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the seasoned rice and give it a good stir for 1 minute or so
- Add the contents of the sauce pouch, spice mix and 350ml of water to the pan and stir well
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a medium heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring gently every now and again
- Serve straight from the pan in the centre of the table and enjoy with family and friends
- As I am not a fan of peppers or sweetcorn I omitted it from the recipe and it still tasted delicious
Disclosure: We received an Old El Paso hamper FOC for the purpose of review.