Some people I know can't be bother by the hassle of getting everything ready for just one day, but actually I don't think you need that much. Most of the things you need you probably already have in your changing bag.
Day trip essentials
- Nappies, wipes, nappy bags
- First aid kit, inc. antibacterial gel
- Stérimar® Baby, great for keeping little noses clean and fresh as well as washing wounds
- Spare underwear for the children (unless you too have a weak bladder)
- Plastic bottles/sippy cup - better to drink water than fizzy drinks, they can also be easily refilled at water fountains
- Picnic, much cheaper to pack sandwiches, crisps, and snacks than to buy meals in resort attractions (if convenient leave in the boot of your car in a cool bag to save carrying)
- Rain macs - the type you fold up in a small bag, they take up very little room under the pushchair and are light to wears if you get caught in a shower
Personally I keep one of the children's Trunki's in the boot of the car with extra clothes, a towel, carrier bags and bottled water in.
What do you pack for day trips?
Disclosure Policy: I have received a fee for being a Stérimar® Mummy this does not effect my thoughts and feelings on the products.