As part of my Weight Watchers 2013 Blogger Ambassador programme I will be set challenges throughout my three months trialing their ProPoints plan.
My first challenge is sort out my fridge. Like most families our fridge after Christmas is filled with little odds and ends. In steps the challenge... I have to make something from what is left over from Christmas. Take a look inside my fridge.
As I had some eggs left over from the baking I didn't manage to do over the festive period, but what to make? I've opted for a ham and cheese omelette, I thought I'd whip up something quick and easy so that I could do this on a lunch or on an evening if I'm running short of time.
2 medium eggs (2 ProPoints each)
15ml Semi Skimmed Milk
1 slice of premium ham (1 ProPoint)
30g Grated cheese (1 ProPoint)
1 spray calorie controlled cooking spray
1. Heat a frying pan with 1 spray of calorie controlled cooking spray
2. Crack both eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until pale yellow
3. Add the milk and whisk briskly, ensuring to get lots of air into the mixture
4. Pour the mixture into the frying pan, leave for 30 seconds before pushing mixture into the centre of the pan with a spatula. Ensuring that the uncooked egg drains underneath
5. Once the bottom has started to set add the grated cheese and ham to one side and fold the omelette in half
6. Allow to cook until the eggs starts to turn golden brown, flip over if necessary.
7. Serve either on its own or will a side salad