How do I check my breasts?There’s no right or wrong way to check your breasts. Try to get used to looking at and feeling your breasts regularly. Remember to check all parts of your breast, your armpits and up to your collarbone.
What changes should I look and feel for?
Nobody knows your body like you do,so you’re the best person to notice any unusual changes.
- Changes in size or shape.
- Changes in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling.
- Inverted nipple.
- A lump or thickening of breast tissue.
- Redness or a rash on the skin/around the nipple.
- Discharge from one or both nipples.
- Constant pain in breast or armpit.
- Swelling in armpit/around collarbone.
For free, confidential support and information visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk or call our Helpline on 0808 800 6000.
Disclosure Policy: I have received no products or financial compensation for this post, I am just sharing some very useful information with you.