This is also true with Vaseline, you would also never think of calling it Petroleum Jelly. Mind you Vaseline Petroleum Jelly has come a long way since ts discovery from changes in the packaging to the ways in which it is used. But the fantastic ingredients and product benefits have always remained the same:
- 1880 - Blue Seal Vaseline Jelly introduced to differentiate the original petroleum jelly from a growing number of imitator brands.
- 1916 - Product was packaged in easy-to-carry, hygienic aluminium tubes which became a staple for soldiers.
- 1967 - Shatterproof 'nursery' jar was available in pink or blue to emphasise the the use of the product in nappy changing and childcare.
- 1993 - Baby soft tube launched and then re-packaged in 1985 with the strap line 'helps prevent nappy rash'
- 2010 - Celebrates 140 years of the iconic product and an exciting re-design of the packaging
'Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a mixture of mineral oils, paraffin and microcrystalline waxes, which creates a smooth jelly.
This formulation allows the jelly to melt into skin, locking itself in place to protect skin from the effects of weather. It acts like a sealant to help reduce the natural water loss from the skin.
This allows moisture to build up naturally from within so that dry and chapped skin is protected from the elements.'
I have four fabulous Vaseline goodie packs to giveaway, please pop over and register your entry.
Disclosure Policy: I have received no products or financial compensation for this post, I am just sharing so fab information with you.